Your welfare, safety and well-being is our top priority during your stay with Bath Academy
JUNIOR SUMMER SCHOOL ACCOMMODATION IN BATH:
We arrange accommodation with carefully selected homestay providers who are thoroughly vetted to meet our high standards. With homestay, students are able to learn more about British customs and traditions, and gain additional conversational practice.
- Safe – Bath Academy carefully chooses caring and responsible providers
- Clean – Houses & rooms are kept clean, each provider offers a laundry service
- Convenient – all hosts are within walking distance or a short bus ride to the college
“I really like my homestay because of the family that I’m staying with. They are amiable and I feel very comfortable with them. Moreover, they help me with everything that I need and I can ask them about all things that I’m interested in and they will be happy to discuss with me these things. I’m happy to stay with them.”
Our residential accommodation in the boarding house is of high standard, located only a short walk from the classrooms and all available facilities on campus.
Located within 10 minutes’ walk from the school and city centre, Bath Academy’s Student Residence offers classic accommodation in beautiful Grade 1 Listed Georgian buildings. Ideally positioned, students have the benefit of living in a historical house close to the city’s central hub.
JUNIOR SUMMER SCHOOL ACCOMMODATION IN MILTON ABBEY – POSTPONED UNTIL 2022:
The stunning and spacious surroundings of Milton Abbey offer space, yet also safety and security in a contained setting. We take great care to ensure the safety and well-being of all our students, and for this reason we have very robust safeguarding procedures.
- Rooms for 1, 2 or 3 sharing are available
- Each floor is equipped with a kitchen and common room to relax in
- Full board accommodation with a varied choice of 3 hot meals per day served in the 15th century dining hall.
- Small café/food shop onsite
- Extremely safe campus with security at all times
- Excellent student to staff ratio (average 1:10)
- All staff are DBS-checked and trained in welfare and safeguarding issues
- Regular meetings with group leaders to ensure safety of students
We will meet you at your point of arrival in the UK, and accompany you on the journey to Bath where your host will welcome you as part of their family. On your first day at the school you will be given information on our facilities and introduced to your fellow students, personal tutors and other staff who can answer all your questions, offer advice and who will look after you and help you settle in. All our students are given a welcome pack which contains a student guide, map of the city, bus timetable, an ID card/wristband with a 24-hour emergency contact number and address of their host family and the school.
Care of Under 18s
We provide a high level of care for students during their stay with us.
- We supervise students during lessons at Bath Academy and during off-site activities and travel arranged by us. We do not however provide supervision of the student travelling between their accommodation and Bath Academy or returning to their accommodation at the end of the day or for any activities not arranged by Bath Academy. At these times, students need to stay in small groups minimum of 3 students.
- We give all of our students clear instructions about safety on arrival and we provide an emergency telephone number to all students for out of hours emergencies. This service is provided by a fully vetted third party located in Bath. Parents or Guardians of students under the age of 18 should pay particular attention to the level of care we are able to provide.
- The benefit of living in a homestay family is to experience English family life and students should expect to spend time with their family in the evenings and at weekends. It may be appropriate on occasion, and depending on age, for students to have free unsupervised time in the evenings and at weekends, for example to go out for a meal with friends or to go to the cinema in small groups of minimum 3 students. In this instance, students must arrange this with their host family/hostel manager and agree times for return.
- Students must always be with at least one other person and carry a mobile phone for emergencies, with access to the host family and college emergency numbers.