BTEC ART & DESIGN – LEVEL 3 NATIONAL DIPLOMA
BTEC Level 3 Extended Diplomas, Diplomas and Certificates are two-year courses equivalent to three, two and one A-levels respectively. They are assessed by a mixture of coursework and exams.
This BTEC qualification is designed for post-16 learners who want to study art and design related degree courses at higher education. It is intended to be studied over two years as the substantial qualification in learners’ study programme.
What Will Students Learn?
- Gain knowledge and understanding of visual communication and the creative process to develop their creative voice.
- Develop an understanding of the importance and influence of the work of artists and designers to develop and realise their creative intentions.
- Produce a portfolio of art and design work to support progression to higher education.
- Optional units allow learners to gain knowledge in areas such as fashion, textiles, graphics, photography, 3D studies and fine art.
Alongside A-Levels, BTEC Nationals are the most widely-recognised qualification for admission to higher education.
Benefits of a BTEC Level 3 Nationals qualification:
- can be taken either as the main focus of study or as part of a wider programme alongside other Level 3 qualifications such as A Levels
- offer learners the practical industry skills, knowledge and confidence they will need to progress to further or higher education, to employment or to an apprenticeship
- attract UCAS points in the same way as A Levels
- are widely recognised and accepted by universities and employers
Can I get into university with a BTEC?
Here are the number of UCAS tariff-points Level 3 BTEC Nationals that will be awarded on applications.
|Level 3 BTEC Nationals||UCAS tariff points|