Starting in August 2021, we will be offering ‘Get Ahead’ and ‘Bridge the Gap’ A-Level Courses, specialising in STEM subjects (Maths, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics).
Students aiming at careers in Medicine, Pharmacy, Finance, Data Science and Engineering, need to make a strong start to their A-Level courses if they are to achieve the best grades. STEM subjects require intensive focus and therefore are best suited to our small classes and personalised teaching.
These courses are especially for those who are missing over a term of education due to COVID-19, such as Year 11’s progressing to A-Levels in September, or Year 12’s who want to fill in the areas they feel they’ve missed during this past year.
- Maintain focus for returning to school in September
- Continue to widen or start widening subject knowledge ahead of the Autumn Term
GET AHEAD COURSE – STUDENTS STARTING A-LEVELS IN SEPTEMBER
This is a crucial transition point for young people aspiring to professional careers. It is well known that there is a significant leap to be made from GCSE to A Level standard work, especially in Mathematics and Science subjects. This course is aimed at those students who are currently feeling anxious about not completing their GCSE courses, or who are worried they do not feel ‘ready’ for the A-Levels they are due to start in September.
- Consolidate and strengthen GCSE knowledge
- Explore A Level content with guidance and support of specialist A Level teachers
- Acquire new skills and study techniques to meet the demand of A Level studies in September
BRIDGE THE GAP COURSE – STUDENTS STARTING SECOND YEAR OF A-LEVELS IN SEPTEMBER
Bridge the Gap Courses at Bath Academy are designed to improve student confidence and encourage them to achieve their potential as they embark on their second year of A-Levels. This course can be focused on specific topics or any areas where there are gaps in knowledge. We aim to deepen understanding, support areas of weakness, and provide opportunities to develop strengths.
- Revisit and build upon Year 1 topics/specification
- Continue learning after a disrupted first year of A Level studies
- Improve and consolidate understanding of A Level topics/material
- Start to explore Year 2 content and acquire new subject knowledge
WHY TAKE AN A-LEVEL PREPARATION COURSE WITH BATH ACADEMY?
- As we teach in very small groups, we are able to provide a distinctive learning platform for those who prefer a targeted focus and more individual approach to learning.
- STEM subjects require intensive focus, which is best achieved in our small teaching groups and personalised tutoring
- All of our specialist teachers have expert knowledge in STEM subjects, often acting as examiners
- All students are assigned a Personal Tutor who will provide support throughout the course
- We offer valuable personal guidance to individual students regarding careers, subject choice and ability profiling
- Morrisby Assessment – psychometric profiling of abilities, interests, learning styles and personality to guide students in career, subject choice, personal strengths and weaknesses.
- 30 minutes individual feedback session – with their personal tutor
- CAT4 (Cognitive Abilities Test) profiling and guidance discussion – helping us to understand a student’s underlying potential and wider capabilities
COURSE DATES: 2nd August – 3rd September 2021
|Academic Subjects*||Academic Guidance Programme**||Cost||Duration (Monday – Friday)|
Morrisby Psychometric Profiling
Individual Guidance Interview
One subject + guidance*** – £350
Each additional subject – £250
15 hours per week, per subject
5 mornings, 3 hours per day
9:00 am – 12:30pm
(half hour break)
*Other subjects available, please enquire.
**Course content can be adapted according to strengths and weaknesses for each student which are identified through various academic assessments as listed above.
***The programme can be undertaken on a tuition only basis (i.e., with no guidance) please contact the college to enquire.