The Medical and allied professions are among the most difficult disciplines to gain entry to. It is imperative to have a comprehensive grounding in the relevant knowledge before progressing to further stages of education.
Our International Medical Foundation Programme is a one-year programme specifically designed to provide students with the best possible grounding for application to Medical schools.
Why Study The Medical Foundation Programme?
- The course provides students with an alternative to A Levels as a route to medical school.
- Students will study Biology, Chemistry, Further Mathematics, Physics or Psychology, as well as having introductory sessions in topics such as: Pathology, Physiology, Genetics and Pharmacology.
- The course is taught by highly skilled and experienced teachers in a specialised medical school stream.
- Specialist staff provide support with UCAS applications, personal statements, university entry research, UCAT* / BMAT preparation and interview preparation.
*The UCAT stands for University Clinical Aptitude Test, (previously named UKCAT, UK Clinical Aptitude Test), and is required for entry to a medical/dentistry degree at many
UK universities. As of 2019, the UCAT replaces UKCAT.
Who is it for?
- International students who currently hold high school diplomas or A-levels, but would like to strengthen their application for medical school.
- International students who do not currently meet the academic requirement to apply to medical school through UCAS.
- International students who did not pass the UCAT/BMAT examinations and would like to build on their existing knowledge before re-applying for medical school.
You can also study the International Medical Foundation Programme at David Game College in London, close to iconic buildings such as the Tower of London, the Gherkin, the Bank of England and the Shard. (PIC)
Do you have any questions about the International Medical Foundation Programme?
Fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.