We believe that a comfortable, clean and caring place to stay whilst students study is extremely important, therefore we provide high standard accommodation for students to make the most of their time with us.
Student Residential House
Our accommodation for long-term students consists of a charming, Georgian residential house set in the heart of the city. At Oxford house we offer full board accommodation for students who are 14+ years of age. Resident members of staff are always present to ensure students’ safety, happiness and progress.
Oxford House has both single and shared rooms which are allocated on a strictly ‘first come, first served’ basis. The bedrooms are well furnished, centrally heated and are cleaned each week, including new bed linen. All houses are non-smoking.
Located within 10 minutes’ walk from the school and city centre, Bath Academy’s Student Residence offers classic accommodation in beautiful Grade 1 Listed Georgian buildings. Ideally positioned, students have the benefit of living in a historical house with modern amenities close to the city’s central hub.
Map Courtesy of SoMaps
Our Residence has an experienced chef who serves home-cooked meals for every dietary and cultural requirement. Students are served three meals a day with a cooked breakfast on the weekends.
Our chefs do their utmost to cater to these special requirements with proper notice given, and we expect students to be flexible with their meal expectations. Trying new food and eating hot meals together in the evenings is an important aspect of student life, and provides a ‘family’ environment for those far away from home.
Our student residences are equipped with alarms and cameras on all entry and exit points to ensure our students safety at all times.
College Residencies are subject to availability. All prices can be found on our fees page.
Bath Academy arranges accommodation in Bath with caring and responsible homestay providers. Living in homestay accommodation, students are able to learn more about British customs and traditions, and gain additional conversational practice.
Our Accommodation Officer chooses homestays very carefully; they are visited personally and interviewed in order to ensure they satisfy our criteria. We always aim to select homestays who are genuinely interested in learning more about different cultures.
Students have their own room which includes a bed, a wardrobe, and space for studying. In most cases students will share a bathroom with the homestay provider. It is possible to request executive rooms which guarantee en-suite facilities but these are subject to availability.
All homestay accommodation is located within the city of Bath and can be reached either by walking or public transport. Some homestays are a short walk from the college but most can be reached within 20 minutes on public transport.
Homestay accommodation is full board (breakfast, packed lunch and dinner) with normal laundry requirements. If students have any medical or dietary requirements, it is important to note this on the application form so we can make the necessary arrangements.
Living with a homestay provider is a wonderful experience that most students treasure for the rest of their lives. Students often remain friends with their homestays for many years.
Interested in becoming a homestay host? Click here for more details.
We are pleased to offer our students over 18 spacious and modern accommodation in studio apartments. It’s a great choice for those who want their own space with access to a social space and options to participate in weekly social activities.
- Only a 10 minute walk from the college.
- Each studio comes with a double bed, a mini-kitchen, loads of storage space and a great work area.
- Features vary between accommodation options; city views, natural light, balcony access and en-suite showers.
- Reasonably priced
- TV lounge, pool table and outdoor social space.
Please contact us for all prices, options, and availability.
We also have accommodation available with YMCA. Please inquire for more details about these options.
Accommodation Arranged Privately
We recommend that students stay in homestay accommodation to gain the most from their experience in Bath. However, we understand that some students may prefer to arrange their own accommodation.
Bath is a popular holiday destination there is a range of hotels and guest houses both in and near the town. You can click on the link for a list of hotels and guest houses on the official local tourism website: Visit Bath https://visitbath.co.uk/.
The College does not monitor accommodation arranged privately and is unable to make recommendations.
If you prefer to arrange your own accommodation then please consider the following points
- Can I afford the accommodation?
- What is included in the price – meals, gas and electricity bills, water rates – and if I am paying my own utility costs, how much should I budget for?
- Does the price include possessions insurance?
- Is there internet connectivity in the accommodation and if so is there an extra cost?
- Are bed linen, towels and kitchen utensils provided and if not, does the institution offer packs I can buy?
- What is Council Tax and do I have to pay it?
- If I have a car, are there parking facilities and if so, is an extra cost attached?
- Am I required to pay a deposit? If so, how much is it and what is it for?
- What are the payment terms?
- What is a guarantor, and will I need one?
- Is there any communal living space and if so, is it adequate?
- Do I want or really need en suite provision and can I afford it?
- What is the mix of students in the accommodation likely to be?
- Can I practice and improve my English?
- If I sign a joint contract, will my liability be different?
- Does the accommodation offer good social opportunities?
- What are the management and security arrangements for the accommodation?
- What are the arrangements for the provision of food?
- Am I prepared to clean my accommodation and take the rubbish out?
- What are the accommodation arrangements for vacation periods?
- Does the length of the contract fit my period of study?
- Where is the accommodation located?
- What are the transport links and what are the costs?