Our Extended UFP course is designed to help students improve their English and academic skills ahead of starting the UFP course in September.
For students who require additional Academic English Language support, we have various extended UFP programmes available, depending on the student’s level of English. It includes IELTs preparation, study skills, academic development, and cultural exposure/activities in our beautiful city of Bath.
How Many Extra Terms Of English Do I Need?
The length of course is dependent on a student’s English level and how quickly they progress whilst on the Extended UFP. This will be discussed and determined during the application process, but please find a guideline below;
|Pathway||For Who?||Number of Extra Terms of English*||Entry Requirements for Extended UFP|
|15 Month||for students who have a good foundation of English but need to improve their English Level from 5.0 overall (IELTs) to ensure they succeed with their Foundation year studies.||1 term||for students with a minimum of IELTS 5.0 overall or B1 equivalent (CEFR)|
|18 Month||students who may have finished school in their own country and want to continue improving their English Reading and Writing skills before starting the UFP in September||2 term||for students with less than IELTS 5.0 in the Reading or Writing component**|
|Two Year||students who need extra assistance to raise their English Level to the correct level for studying at a University in the UK||3 term||for students with IELTS 4.5 overall or B1 equivalent (CEFR)|
**Reading and writing scores are the most important components of IELTS to attend universities.
These courses will:
- build subject knowledge and widen vocabulary to help increase confidence
- help students become familiar with the British Education system
- prepare students for IELTs exams
- prepare students to meet the demands and challenges of UK higher education
- give students the opportunity to improve knowledge and academic English skills before joining a UFP course
* for students who do not have the required IELTs score for the UFP as outlined above, other options are available and length of course is determined by a student’s English level.