Moving countries can be very difficult when you’re faced with many new and unfamiliar challenges. We have helped many international students adjust to life in the UK, and have expert knowledge and guidance for our students living in the beautiful city of Bath.
Named one of the safest cities in the UK, Bath is the perfect study destination for those who prefer a compact city which is easily explored on foot, with our two boarding houses a short walk away from our two college locations at Queen Square and Chapel Row.
All our staff are able to help you settle into your new environment and our Welfare Officer, Natalia Knott, is available to help with every type of problem you might encounter.
We are more than just highly experienced at looking after young students far away from home. Each member of our staff has a genuine interest of support and care for our students – from the registrar, to the teachers, to the houseparents – this care is consistent. Our students’ safety and happiness is a priority.
We can advise you how to:
- Answer your immigration questions and guide you through the process of applying for your visa
- Get National Insurance
- Obtain a Biometric residence permits (BRP Card) for Non-EU Nationals
- Open a bank account. We have special arrangements with several banks
- Register with a local doctor
- Register with the police
- Travel to the College or anywhere else that you wish to go. We can also advise how to get discounts on the cost of travel
- Choose where and what to eat
FUN & FRIENDLY COLLEGE CULTURE
Moving to the UK can also be very exciting! Making new friends, experiencing a new culture and new places is all a part of the international student experience. We encourage our students to embrace this as much as possible by:
- Organising specific events for international students – as part of the university’s induction programme – as well as social events throughout the year.
- Organising a programme of day trips to various places across the country to enable you to make the most of your time in the UK. We have teamed up with Viva Trips to expand our destination choice and give our students the opportunity to meet other international students on fun days away.
Our smaller college culture makes getting to know each other easier, and our friendly, supportive front office is always ready to listen and help from 8 am to 5.15 pm.
*All students are given our emergency out of hours number +44(0)7715123299 for contact at any time if they need it.