If you are not a resident in the UK, you will require a visa to come and study at Bath Academy. All non-British nationals must obtain a visa before travelling to the UK unless they are transferring from another institution.

Bath Academy is a Student Sponsor and will therefore be able to sponsor your Student or Child Student visa. The Student route is part of the UK’s points-based system for immigration. It is for migrants who want to study in the UK.

Information regarding English Language requirements (SELT)

Since August 2010, student’s aged 18 and over who come under the Student visa will need to have taken a Secure English Language Test as outlined by the UKVI. The IELTS or Trinity College London are the two tests available and the minimum requirements to meet the visa regulations are CEFR level B1. For our September University Foundation Programme, the requirement is equivalent to IELTS 5.5, our January University Foundation Programme requires equivalent to IELTS 5.5, A Levels it is 6.0 and GCSEs is 5.0.

Exemptions of SELT requirement

Students from the following countries are exempt from the SELT requirement for their visa as they are nationals of majority English speaking countries:

Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, and the United States of America.

Students who have successfully completed a course as a Tier 4 (Child) or Child Student, that lasted at least 6 months and ended within two years of the date the sponsor assigned the CAS are also exempt.

Regarding Child Student visas

Students who are under 18 and who are applying for a Child Student visa do not need to take a Secure English Language Test (SELT) to prove their English level. However, we still need to show that we are confident that the student’s proficiency meets the level required to successfully pass our course. We will do this by:
* Assessing high school qualifications (such as the grade in English)
* Invite them to undertake a SKYPE interview with the College or asking them to sit our own English test at a secure location such as the British Council.

Information on Financial Evidence

A student must have enough money to support themselves during their studies in the UK. Students are asked to provide evidence of this with their visa application via a bank statement, bank letter or, if they are a sponsored, through a sponsorship letter from their sponsor. Insufficient monetary evidence leads to visa refusals therefore, it is college policy to check bank statements before a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) is issued. If the statement is not in English, an official translation must be provided. For more information please visit the UKVI website.

Summary of Documents for Visa Application

It is your responsibility to find out which documents you need to submit and to ensure you include ALL items that are required for your application when you apply for your visa. You will need to obtain a secure CAS number from Bath Academy as part of your visa application.

You will need to submit anything that Bath Academy details on the CAS unless stated otherwise, typically this will be:
* Passport
* High School certificates/transcripts (please note that students who have been given an unconditional place pending results and have sat an entrance test will not need to submit their results)
* SELT qualification e.g. IELTS/ Trinity College London (unless stated otherwise)

Students under the age of 18 and applying for a Child Student visa will need to provide a letter of consent from their parents/legal guardian agreeing to their travel and living arrangements. Bath Academy requires all students under the age of 18 to have a guardian during their time in the UK. If they have a guardian they will need a letter of consent confirming this care arrangement.

If a student is 16 or 17 years old and is applying for a Student visa they will need to supply a letter of consent from their parents giving them permission to travel and live independently. If they have a guardian they will need a letter of consent confirming this care arrangement.

If any of these documents are not in English, an official translation must be supplied with details of the registered, official translator/company. All documents must be originals, copies will not be accepted.

All Students who apply for a Student or Child Student visa will also be required to pay the Immigration Healthcare Surcharge of £470 per year. This will allow you to use the National Health Services in the United Kingdom when you arrive.

Throughout your application, the Admissions Team will be available to help you with any questions relating to your visa requirements. If you would like to speak with the team about your visa before you apply, please email admissions@bathacademy.co.uk