Bath Academy has a great amount of experience in successfully preparing students for the academic IELTS examination. We are able to take expert guidance from our University Foundation Programme (UFP) which prepares international students for acceptance to UK universities and includes IELTS preparation work.
The course focuses on the skills and strategies needed to gain your target band score and includes regular practice under exam conditions to help you become familiar with the format of the exam in so you are ready for your test date.
IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is trusted by universities, government agencies, immigration departments, multinational companies and professional bodies as the standardised test for people who want to work or study in an English speaking environment.
“While preparing for IELTS, I really enjoyed my time at Bath Academy. The teachers were very knowledgeable and helpful. Thanks to the course, I achieved the IELTS score I was aiming at and got admitted to the university I had applied to. In addition, staff were extremely helpful when it came to submitting the UCAS application. All in all, the Academy was an excellent opportunity to make good friends from all over the world, and an excellent location from which to start exploring the magnificent and picturesque city of Bath!” – Alessia Tami, ELT student
- Minimum level of Pre-intermediate (A2)
- Minimum age 16
- Start/finish any day of the week
- 15 or 22.5 hours per week (when combined with a General English course)*
- Maximum 13 students per class
- Monthly progress reports
*Please note that the school is closed on all UK public holidays (2 April, 3 May, 31 May & 31 August in 2021), and for two weeks at Christmas / New Year (closing on 23 December 2021 and reopening on 4 January 2022).
Why choose this course?
- Experienced IELTS specialist teachers
- Structured and easy-to-remember strategies
- 1:1 University counselling service for students looking to enter a UK university (e.g help writing personal statements and UCAS applications)
- Free access to all our online learning resources
- Stimulating and fun social activities programme so you can continue learning English outside the classroom
- Blended course options (i.e. with General English)
Exams – can be taken locally at the University of Bath or, if the UKVI endorsed examination is required, at Cardiff University. We can book examinations for you and arrange transport if necessary.
University counselling service – students looking to enter a UK university receive 1:1 counselling which covers help with writing personal statements, selecting your chosen university and the UCAS process.
Top IELTS Preparation Tips
- Learn all about the test
- Be realistic about your goals
- Learn the tips and techniques for each question type
- Learn vocabulary and develop ideas for the common topics
- Improve your speed and time management skills for reading and writing
- Do a full practice test under exam conditions
- Stay healthy and happy throughout your preparation
Develop skills and strategies needed to gain target IELTS band score
Improve all aspects of your English
Interactive and practical classes