Bath Academy has vast experience in successfully preparing students for the academic IELTS examination. We are able to draw upon the expertise of our leaders of the University Foundation Programme (UFP) which prepares international students for acceptance to UK universities and includes IELTS preparation work.
The course focuses on the skills and strategies needed to gain your target band score and includes regular practice under exam conditions to help familiarise yourself with the format of the exam in readiness for your test date. .
IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is trusted by universities, government agencies, immigration departments, multinational companies and professional bodies as the standardised test for people who want to work or study in an English speaking environment.
- 15 or 23 hours per week
- 4 to 8 week courses or combine with a General English course (GE in morning, IELTS in afternoon)
- Monthly 1:1 tutorials
- Maximum of 13 students per class
- Minimum level of Pre-intermediate (A2)
Why choose this course?
- Experienced IELTS specialist teachers
- Structured and easy-to-remember strategies
- 1:1 University counselling service for students looking to enter a UK university (e.g help writing personal statements and UCAS applications)
- Free access to all our online learning resources
- Stimulating and fun social activities programme
- Blended course options (ie with Business English or General English*)
Exams – can be taken locally at the University of Bath or, if the UKVI endorsed examination is required, at Cardiff University. We can book examinations for you and arrange transport if necessary.
University counselling service – students looking to enter a UK university receive 1:1 counselling which covers help with writing personal statements, selecting your chosen university and the UCAS process.
Top IELTS Preparation Tips
- Learn all about the test
- Be realistic about your goals
- Learn the tips and techniques for each question type
- Learn vocabulary and develop ideas for the common topics
- Improve your speed and time management skills for reading and writing
- Do a full practice test under exam conditions
- Stay healthy and happy throughout your preparation
Develop skills and strategies needed to gain target IELTS band score
Improve all aspects of your English