Mini-stay courses are offered to closed groups of young learners (12-17) all year round, with a minimum of 7 in a group. We offer customised mini-stay programmes based on your group’s needs.
Our courses normally include an academic programme in the mornings (15 hours/20 lessons) with additional cultural and social activities in the afternoon and at weekends. Each group has input into what is studied, how free time is spent and which additional excursions are booked. All levels are offered from beginner (A1) to proficiency (C2).
Mini-Stay with English for Work
- Improve your English in workplace contexts, functional language phrases and real workplace scenarios.
- Designed to enhance the employability of students with focus on working life skills.
- Concentrates on specific functions in the working environment e.g. presentations, interview techniques, writing CV’s and cover letters.
- Teachers also add extra material and activities, which may include computer based activities, games, music, dvds and newspapers.
- Can include educational visits to workplaces that support learning in the classroom, or invitations from local businesses to come into our classroom for an immersive learning experience.
- This work-related programme is suitable for Alternanza Scuola-Lavoro (ASL) for Italian students to experience working life in Bath through the combination of learning business English, workshops, visits, and seminars.
Mini-Stay with General English + Multi-Activity
- We combine an English course of 15 hours per week which includes project work with lessons specifically designed to prepare students for their day trips
- Choose from a range of afternoon, evening and weekend activities: Sports, Treasure Hunt, Photographic Challenge, Film and Quiz Evenings, British Culture Presentation, Games Evening
- Visits to local places of interests, such as The Roman Baths, Clifton Suspension Bridge, city of Bristol
- Half Day Excursions include Stonehenge, Salisbury Cathedral, Glastonbury, Cheddar + Wookey Hole Caves
- Our programme is designed to include additional activities and excursions which are related to weekly topics.
Mini Stay + Trinity Spoken Exam Preparation
Weekend Full Day Excursions
- World Heritage Site: The Jurassic Coast & 800 year old Corfe Castle
- London’s famous sights
- Oxford’s Colleges including Christchurch College (additional cost) as seen in the Harry Potter films
- Cardiff Castle and Marina