SUCCESS SPOKEN HERE
Bath Academy has a variety of English Language Courses to suit every type of student, from Beginner to Advanced Levels. Our wide range of courses are the perfect choice for those who wish to improve their English for study or work, for those who wish to take the IELTS exam, or international academic students who would like more intensive English language development to prepare them for higher education in the UK.
Qualified and Experienced Teachers
- Balanced approach of teaching styles
- Student centred teaching
- Energetic, creative and interactive
GENERAL ENGLISH COURSES
Improve all aspects of English quickly and effectively
Our most popular course is aimed at improving your confidence and ability to communicate in English. You will develop your reading, writing, listening and speaking skills as well as gain a solid foundation in grammar, build your vocabulary and perfect your pronunciation. The classes are highly interactive and tailored to your needs and interests.
*This course can be combined with academic English and IELTS preparation.
- Develop your communicative skills
- Gain a solid foundation in grammatical accuracy
- Build your vocabulary on a range of topics
- Reading, writing and listening skills all incorporated
- Perfect your pronunciation skills
- Interactive and practical classes
IELTS EXAMINATION PREPARATION
Develop skills and strategies needed to gain target IELTS band score
We have vast experience in successfully preparing students for the academic IELTS examination. The course focuses on developing the skills and strategies needed to gain your target band score and includes regular practice under exam conditions to help familiarise yourself with the format of the exam and refine your exam technique in readiness for your test date.
- Learn techniques quickly and effectively
- Master IELTS skills and strategies
- Structured and easy-to-remember techniques
- Practise under exam conditions
- Draws upon the expertise of our highly successful UFP programme
ACADEMIC ENGLISH DEVELOPMENT
Prepare for success in UK Universities
This course will prepare you for successful study in UK universities by developing your academic communication skills. You will learn how to effectively express thoughts and ideas both orally and in writing. The course has a particular emphasis on improving your academic writing skills and helping you deliver confident presentations.
*This course can be combined with IELTS preparation.
- Develop academic communication skills
- Improve academic writing skills
- Learn how to express thoughts and ideas
- Gain confidence giving presentations
- IELTS preparation
- Regular exam practice
Build language skills in business contexts and boost job prospects
If you need to improve your language skills as part of your job, or are an employer seeking English courses for members of staff, sessions can be arranged within your workplace anywhere in the UK, and most places around the world.
We can tailor our courses to improve your skills in all areas of general business. We can focus on improving your English for meetings, discussions, negotiations, or concentrate on helping with your listening comprehension, pronunciation, and telephone skills.
- Use modern business materials to suit your business
- Learn effective communications skills for the workplace
- Develop presentation and negotiation skills
- Cover meetings and interview techniques
- Practical help on improving your English language in day-to-day business situations
- Minimum level of Elementary (A1)
ONE TO ONE ENGLISH
Students may also book private tuition English lessons should they need intensive focus on particular skills.
*We also have an Online Placement Test where you can get a good idea of your current English level.
International Academic Students
As part of our on-going commitment to our international students’ academic achievement in the UK, we offer English Language Support Courses as an additional part of students’ academic programme.
Once signed up on a course, students will take an English Language assessment which will determine which level they should be placed in should they require further support in English.
Each class works through a syllabus designed to improve current abilities in speaking, reading, writing and listening. The course focuses on grammar and vocabulary and helps students with techniques and approaches for IELTS exams.
Junior Summer School
Our Junior Summer School is the perfect environment for 12-16 year olds to study English in a caring and fun atmosphere! Lessons focus on providing maximum time to practice speaking skills and enhancing vocabulary based on topics all linked to the accompanying social programme.
Please click here for full details about our new Junior Summer School Programmes!
Top of Form
Reserve Your Place Here
Tell us which course you would like to do and we shall contact you with more information!