The Medical and Dental professions are among the most difficult disciplines to gain entry to, and it is imperative to have a comprehensive grounding in the relevant knowledge before progressing to further stages of education.
Our International Medical Foundation Programme is a 1-year programme specifically designed to provide students with the best possible grounding for application to Medical and Dental schools. The Bath Academy International Medical Foundation Programme is one of only a very few foundation programmes accepted as an alternative to A Levels by medical schools in the UK.
Completion of the Medical Foundation Programme provides students with several pathways to Medical or Dental schools. Students can follow more than one of these routes to maximise their individual chances of successful progression:
- First route: direct entry to selected UK medical schools including University of Central Lancashire MBBS.
- Second route: direct entry onto the fast track 2-year BSc (Hons) in Biomedical Sciences.(Buckingham University) through Medipathways; followed by direct entry to the 3rd Year of EU medical and dental schools, or application to UK Graduate Entry Medical programmes.
- Third route: application to English language EU Medical and Dental schools.
Why study the Medical Foundation Programme?
- The course provides students with an alternative to A Levels as a route to medical and dental school.
- Students will study Biology, Chemistry, Further Mathematics, Physics or Psychology, as well as having introductory sessions in topics such as: Pathology, Physiology, Genetics and Pharmacology.
- The course is taught by highly skilled and experienced teachers in a specialised medical and dental school stream.
- Specialist staff provide support with UCAS applications, personal statements, university entry research, UCAT* / BMAT preparation and interview preparation.
*The UCAT stands for University Clinical Aptitude Test, (previously named UKCAT, UK Clinical Aptitude Test), and is required for entry to a medical/dentistry degree at many UK universities. As of 2019, the UCAT replaces UKCAT.
- All students must be non-EEA international students
- successful completion of secondary schooling with strong grades in sciences;
- good level of proficiency in English (IELTS 6.5 with at least 6.0 in each component);
- applicants whose level of English or scientific knowledge is below the usual requirements may be able to enter our Extended Foundation Programme – (please contact the college directly for further information).