Tuesday, October 8, 2019
We are trying to keep our students and agents as up to date as possible regarding all the Brexit news and updates. The latest update includes information regarding Transitional Immigration Arrangements for a no-deal Brexit:
The key points are:
- EEA nationals will be able to study, live and work in the UK as now, until 31 December 2020
- There is no need to apply for permission to remain in the UK within three months of arriving
- The European Leave to Remain is now called the Euro TLR; EEA nationals who arrive after Brexit will have make an application if they intend to stay in the UK after 31 December 2020
- ID cards remain valid as a travel document but will be phased out during 2020. No further information is available at this time
- EHIC cards remain valid and continue to offer access to free healthcare – see further information on this below
- The List of Travellers scheme will continue until at least 2021. Students who are visa nationals but travelling as part of a group of EEA students will continue to be able to travel without a visa if they are listed on the form.
If you have any other questions about Brexit, please get in touch and we’ll do our best to answer them for you.